Dodo (Fried Plantain)
Plantains are slightly larger than bananas and can be found in most supermarkets. When ripe, their skins are yellowish green or yellow (or black if extremely ripe). Plantains do not taste sweet, like yellow bananas.
Ingredients For Dodo, Fried Plantain
* 4 ripe plantains, peeled and sliced
* Vegetable oil, for frying
* Salt, to taste
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan.
2. Place the sliced plantains in the frying pan and fry, turning as needed, until golden brown.
3. Drain on paper towels.
4. Season with salt and serve hot or warm.
Dodo (fried plantain slices) sizzle in the frying pan. Fried plantains are often served for breakfast or as a snack.