Ingredients For Nigerian Jellof Rice
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 teaspoons tomato paste
* 1½ cups cooked rice
* 1 green chili, seeded and chopped (green pepper can be substituted)
* 1 cup meat or vegetable stock
Procedure For Jellof Rice
1. Cook the rice according to package directions.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion until soft, but not browned.
3. Add the tomato paste and chili and cook on medium heat while stirring, about 2 minutes.
4. Add the rice and continue stirring.
5. Add the stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to medium and cook until almost all of the stock has evaporated. Serve.
Makes 4 servings.